Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baby Leg Warmers

I'm back! I know it's been forever since I've posted, but I've been busy making all sorts of fun stuff and finding lots more stuff I want to make. And, I was feeling a little "meh" about my crappy photos so I didn't really have a desire to post. But that has all changed since my super awesome and amazing friend, Brittany, came over and did a photo shoot with her mad skills. Now my stuff looks so great I want to post about everything today. But I won't. I will spread it out over the next little while until I can convince Brittany to come and take some more pics for me!

Okay, enough of that - on to the stuff. I decided to post the baby leg warmers first. I had so much fun making them and couldn't get over how seriously cute they look on. I had them sitting with all my crocheting stuff and I would shove them in everyone's face as soon as they walked in my door so they could tell me they were cute too. But when they were put on the cutest little model with a pair of jeggings - wow - it doesn't get much cuter than this. Okay, so here are the pics so you don't have to take my word for it.




The pattern was taken from the book Little Crochet by Linda Permann. I posted about the booties also from this book here. This pattern was a little more complex with the stitches used, but once I read the pattern a couple of times, it wasn't that bad. There are a lot of little stitches to make it around one round so I would definitely suggest using a stitch marker so you don't have to count every little stitch. The thing I liked most about this pattern was a little side note that explained how to make larger sizes than the ones in the pattern. While this cute little model fit into the pattern size, it would be fun to make bigger ones and all the guess work has been taken out.

Was I not right? Way too cute. I have decided I am going to start selling things that I've made. I will only do custom orders, so if you are interested in anything that you've seen on the blog so far, send me an e-mail at emmaheare@gmail.com and we can talk about pricing. And specifically, if there is a crocheted item out there that you would love to have, but you don't know how to crochet, let me know and we can talk about that as well. This is really in the beginning stages right now while I work out all the details. Hopefully soon it will be more official on the site.

Stay tuned in the next couple of days for some more fun links to tutorials. And I'm thinking another giveaway in the next few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Worth the wait! So cute, and I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love those cute leg warmers! And Evie was the perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute leg warmers! Do you think I could pull off that look? JK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Think I could get away with putting them on a boy?

    ReplyDelete