Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Centerpiece

I'm back! I hope you like the leg warmers. I was at Joann's today forcing myself to not buy more sock yarn. I need a baby girl. Someday. Anyway, I have some other fun crochet stuff to post, but today I am going with a Halloween theme instead. Centerpieces are fun, but when they are yummy too, even better. I'll post the pic then talk about it after.

I first saw this on my friend's facebook page. I linked to the tutorial on See Jane Blog and knew I had to make one. Well, it's not really a tutorial, more like a "here's what to buy". There was enough info that I could figure it out. And I found out during the process that Michael's and Joann's are much more expensive in Logan. Holy moly. Prices were out of control. Let's just say I spent more than the $20 the original post said she spent. And, I think every one in Cache Valley must have seen this same tutorial because I had to go to 4 different stores to collect all the necessary items. With all those stores, I still didn't spell "boo" like I wanted to, I had to go with "eek". Oh well, it's still cute.

If I were to do this again, I would use spray paint instead of craft paint. I just think it would have given it a nicer finish. And the glue I used to attach the glass to the candlestick ended up not working out too well so I re-glued with Krazy Glue. Even though the upfront cost was a little much, I'm sure I will get more use out of this centerpiece than just the month of October. Letters and ribbon can be easily changed to fit the season, ie joy, eat, xox, etc. What other three letter words can you think of to change it for the holiday?

Another thanks to Brittany again for the photo. Also, if you want the candy to last any amount of time, make sure you get candy your family doesn't like. Josh ate all the candy bars, Benj ate nothing but candy corn all day long and I finished off the peanut butter m and ms. Maybe next holiday I'll fill it with something non-edible.

2 comments:

  1. This is so dang cute! I can't wait to make one...I actually might have to make a trip to Tucson to get the stuff for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete