Sunday, July 24, 2011

Changing Pad and Diaper Pouch

Brieann - this one's for you! My sister-in-law asked if I would tell her where I got the tutorial for the diaper pouch I use for my two-year-old so I figure I would put it here so others can enjoy as well.

Once our kids got out of the baby, baby stage, they didn't need the "nursery in a bag" brought along on every outing. A diaper and some wipes in the purse would work, but if your purse is anything like mine, there were likely going to be some crumbs or old gum wrappers mixed. And I could never rely on there being a disposable changing pad in public restrooms. So I searched the internet for a tutorial. I found one that looked pretty cute so I made it. But a couple weeks later I found one that I loved. So I made that one as well and I am never using anything else.

I found the tutorial at Bugglebee Handmade. The thing I like about this one is that if you just need a diaper or some wipes, you don't have to open up the changing pad to get to it. Most tutorials you find are the tri-fold type where the changing pad is attached to the pocket where you keep the diapers and wipes. Not so with this one. The changing pad is in a separate pocket. Let me say again I love, love, love this one. Well, let me say I love the idea of it - this was only my second attempt at binding (I hate binding) and my first attempt at double sided fusible lining. I need a whole lot more practice. Mine may not look all that great, but it sure is functional and I use it all the time. Take a look for yourself.

So there you have it. If you don't have any diaper wearing kids, this makes a great baby shower gift. Hopefully this time next year I won't have to use this anymore, but until then, I won't leave home without it.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I love the fabrics you chose. I should make one. Should is the keyword. Maybe someday before my children no longer need diapers.

    ReplyDelete