Monday, July 18, 2011

Ruffled Scarf

I made this scarf way back in March as a "hello, spring" scarf. Little did I know I would need to use it as a "winter go away" scarf for the next couple of months. I didn't think summer would ever come this year. Anyway, this was one of my first attempts at branching out in my sewing. The tutorial was pretty easy to follow with lots of great pictures. Getting the ruffles just so was a little tricky for me though. I am going to go back and try this one again come fall with a heavier material and with a little more sewing experience under my belt.

The tutorial comes from Make It and Love It. The blog has tons of cute ideas and tutorials. Check it out and explore. I'm sure you will find a few things you want to make. From here she links to Sewing Republic, which has even more project ideas from other crafters. You can find the pdf tutorial for the scarf here.

Here's how my scarf turned out.
Sorry about one of the pictures being turned sideways - blogger is being buggy with that picture. And one last thing I liked about this project. It calls for about two yards of fabric, if I remember correctly, but you don't need the entire width. So there is enough for two scarves. One for you and one for a friend. My extra fabric is still sitting in my fabric drawer though . . . .

This is the first decorative scarf I have ever owned/worn so I needed a little help with how to tie it. I googled "how to tie a scarf" and this great site by scarves.net popped up. So if you need a little help in this area, check it out.

Okay - giveaway is still on for this week. Most likely on Wednesday so check back. I'm thinking something for the kitchen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment